France Furlong, Great Linford, Great Linford, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK14 5EH, UK
We are working in partnership with a client that provides technical expertise and commercial insight to deliver asset and infrastructure projects worldwide. They are a multidiscipline engineering consultancy that are technical specialists to support every point of a project's lifecycle for their clients.
They are currently seeking a highly motivated enthusiastic team player to join their new Transport Planning team in Milton Keynes. You will assist the project managers by delivering innovative solutions on a wide range of projects, working with the team to deliver an excellent service. You will be a critical part of a very busy commercially focused team. Their transport and highway team offers comprehensive planning and design services at all stages of a project from concept to delivery, unlocking development potential, enabling regeneration, optimising road space and addressing commercial challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* You will support the senior staff by providing technical input to projects and help the team deliver what is expected. In your role you will prepare specific elements of project work, including reports and drawings, site visits, research on transport issues, conduct occasional traffic surveys when required.
* As part of your role you may be required to liaise with other professionals including Architects, Town Planners and Local Authority Officers and therefore you must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
* You should have a keen interest in transport planning and be able to work well within a dynamic team environment.
* You will have good analytical and report writing/data presentation skills, be proficient in MS Office software and demonstrate willingness to learn various Transportation software packages, for which on-the-job training will be provided.
* You will bring to the role knowledge and technical experience in transport planning and site development projects.
* You have been involved in a variety of projects ranging from small to large scale. You have worked in the UK sector and understand the planning process and how your work fits into that. You have good analytical and report writing/data presentation skills and some initial experience in use of some or all of the following software is desirable; ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, SATURN, VISUM, TUBA, PARAMICS, VISSIM, TRICS, GIS, AutoCAD.
* You should have a good basic working knowledge of junction and/or network modelling software. As a key member or the team, you should be a good team player, enthusiastic and driven to progress yourself and others in the team.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals. We will also give you an extra days' leave for your birthday each year.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business