Hours of Work - Full Time - Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm (1 hour for lunch)
Bonus incentive - to be discussed at interview stage
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Freight Forwarding Sales Executive to work for an international freight forwarder and logistics provider.
About the Role
• Preparing and arranging for the shipping / freight of Customers orders for overseas in accordance with Customer instructions.
• Ensuring the correct documentation is raised to achieve payment.
• To operate and facilitate freight enquiries and customer transaction for both import and export services across all modes of Airfreight and EU Road.
• General administration duties revolving logistics.
• Reading customers orders to determine required method of packing, despatch, Terms of payment, Delivery address, case markings, documentary and delivery requirements and distributing documents accordingly.
• Checking worklist daily for items, quantity and order status.
• Create picking lists and shipping documents from inhouse systems and where necessary edit to suit customer requirements.
• Raising export sales and freight and insurance invoices.
• Create and amend Billing documents.
• Distributing documents accordingly.
• Arranging insurance cover where appropriate.
• Supporting with new tendering opportunities.
• Answering customer queries either directly or by reference to Sales & Services / Contracts.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Previous experience in a Freight Forwarding / Logistics environment.
• A detailed knowledge of customs regulations, export documentation and import regulations of overseas countries.
• Computer literacy word, excel and e-mail systems.
• Excellent telephone manner and Customer Service Skills essential.