Are you an established Envelope \ Facade Manager looking for a new role that can progress your career?
Are you a looking to join a reputable main contractor who can offer high-value city centre projects?
Do you have experience with mulitroom / hotel / accommodation?
A role with one of the fastest-growing contractors in the Midlands could suit you.
My client are quickly establishing a reputation as a leading main contractor in the West Midlands area. Since their recent inception, they have quickly moved to have over £200m worth of projects on the ground in the Birmingham area with typical values between £30m-£100m.
Their office is easily accessed by Public Transport. Their team is made up of high-calibre construction professionals from market leading companies and offers a collaborative and dynamic working environment.
* Competitive package * Central location of both office and projects * Excellent progression opportunities * Proactive team with high performance atmosphere * Continuous training opportunities
A senior member of the Project team, you will be responsible for providing support and guidance to the Chief Engineer/Project Manager through the detailed knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the Façade installation.
You will be responsible for overseeing the management and control of detailed interfaces and programme for the external façade, as well as to organise resources and to direct the management of designated tasks to achieve progressive project completion to quality and specification.
The role requires a high level of interfacing between internal departments and external agencies, such as Architects, Engineers, Construction Workers, Sub-contractors, Client agents, Clerk of Works and Site Staff
Responsibilities of the Facade Manager include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the successful delivery of façade packages on projects in their live portfolio to cost, quality, schedule, safety and environmental excellence * Works closely with each project's Project Manager * Works closely with each project's Façade Package Manager and their assistant/s * Works closely with each project's façade package Cladding consultant & design team * Works closely with each project's façade package contractor/s * Undertakes a monthly review (formal) of portfolio with the regional Head of Façades * Establishes formal weekly façade sub-contractor meetings for design, manufacture and installation via the projects façade package manager * Ensures that the project team, Project Manager, Package manager and assistants are supported both technically and contractually * Ensures that Process management is being correctly undertaken (NCRs, Surveillances, submittal management, etc.) * Ensures that façade sub-contractors & their packages are procured correctly and their scope of works is clear * Ensures the façade sub-contractor (and their supply chain) is pre-appointment vetted for suitability against their package and their capability * Ensures the façade sub-contractor (and their supply chain) is post contract vetted for manufacture commencement or mid manufacture. To ensure compliance * Ensures that the façade sub-contractor are compliant to specification and contract conditions * Attends façade testing for each project within their portfolio * Undertakes site visits for portfolio of projects to monitor QC of façade * Educates his team into façade technology and the QC process during the installation phase * Ensures that all façade builders work requirements are in position early enough to be incorporated by the concrete and steel sub-contractors for the façade packages in their portfolio * Running the programme of the facade package *
JOB SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE (Essential)
* Has at least 5 years' experience in delivering complex facades of differing types, preferably with rainscreen experience as well * Has good knowledge of the façade industry inclusive of design & manufacture with excellent knowledge of the installation process * Management & successful delivery of a portfolio of live façade packages via façade package managers (and their assistants) * Has a reporting function to the Head of Façade Management * Knowledge of high level Facades, Curtain Walling, Building Envelope experience * Proven working experience in package management * A good practical understanding of Health & Safety requirements * A good understanding of all facets of the construction process * Ability to coordinate and control all packages within their section of work * Ability to prioritise, plan, schedule and evaluate works * Ability to prepare a 3 week look-ahead programme with assistance of project planner * Ability to manage conflict through conflict resolution * Excellent knowledge of curtain wall installation, waterproofing, etc. * Pre-installation preparation and readiness knowledge * Experience in managing QA and snagging of the above systems
* Degree in Façade Management, Civil Engineering Construction Management or related field * Relevant Construction Skills Certificate Card
Job Type: Full-time
* Facades (Tier 1 main contractor): 5 years (Required)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business