An exciting opportunity has arisen, to join an established, successful and exciting main contractor who is looking for an experienced Sub Agent. Who is motivated, great work ethic, focused and flexible around the Oldbury area. They are looking for someone who has previous experience, ideally with lots of experience on Highway improvement projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Liaise with the Project Manager and control the resources on a smaller site or within an area of a site.
* Lead and drive the area of works under your control, in accordance with the Contract Programme, to best commercial advantage, without prejudice to the health and safety of employees, sub-contractors or the public at large and taking into full account environmental considerations.
* Support the training and development of the Site Engineering team.
* Manage supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers
* Develop section programmes and forecast budgets with Senior Management
* Be fully conversant with subcontractor's contract conditions and responsibilities and manage their works and day to day accounts with the commercial team.
* Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to accounts dept. for processing within 3 days of arrival on site.
* Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works ensuring that all necessary documentation as required by these statements and plans is produced in a timely manner.
* Main/Sub contractor experience within the Highways industry.
* Will look a candidate from a tools background as well as engineering.
* Must have valid and relevant CSCS.
* Ability to support, manage and motivate staff. Full control of all gangs.
* Support the training and development of the Site Engineering team
If you're looking to take the next step in your career as a Sub Agent and to join an established organisation with a strong commitment to its employees then this is for you, don't hesitate, apply today. Please call Lee Jones in the Birmingham office.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business