Operational Procurement Assistant - 9 month Fixed Term Contract
We currently have an opportunity for an Operational Procurement Assistant to join our Procurement team at our head office in Goldthorpe. This role is covering maternity leave and will be a 9-month contract. You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient procurement that delivers best value for money to the business and our clients.
About the Role:
This role is accountable to the Operational Procurement Team Leader and the primary responsibility is managing the administration of orders and deliveries in supporting the operational delivery of all contracts.
* Process orders accurately and in line with all category management instructions and ensure compliance to the CMS procedures whilst communicating and providing governance to the business
* Develop a clear understanding of the business needs associated with allocated categories of expenditure
* To support the Operational Procurement Team Leader in the delivery of the procurement service to stakeholders by assisting with sourcing, market research, negotiation, review and implementation of agreements or new processes
* Develop an excellent understanding of the environment within which allocated categories of supply operate and the risks and opportunities presented by the dynamics of those environments
* Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with company safety rules, health and safety legislation and environmental standards and that operating procedures reflect current legislation
* Develop close working relationships with other key functions in the company
* Maintain and improve on product knowledge, supplier information and market knowledge in relation to clients and business unit work streams
* To actively and positively support and contribute to improvements and developments of the Procurement and Supply Chain functions in delivering best value for money to the business
* Maintain excellent relationships both internally and externally with regular site and supplier visits. Travel is required in this role so flexibility is required
* Deputise seamlessly for the Operational Procurement Team Leader as required
* Previous Procurement experience would be advantageous
* Knowledge of engineering/construction industry
* Customer Focused
* Planning & Organisational Skills
* Previous experience of SAP / COINS / SAGE / Pegasus
* Sound commercial acumen.
* Attention to detail and accuracy of data input is key
* Ability to work within defined parameters
* Ability to continuously review and prioritise workload
With a competitive salary and benefits package, working for Cape offers variety and challenge, with opportunities for growth and development and a culture that makes working for us so rewarding.
Cape is a business undergoing a big change as we shape ourselves for the future. We're a global leader in critical industrial services. That means things like scaffolding, insulation and painting, along with a range of specialist services like oil and gas storage tank maintenance, rope access, heat exchanger refurbishment and replacement. We're also an environmentally conscious business that partners our customers on innovate ways to be environmentally sustainable.
Since 1893, we've grown quickly by acquiring businesses that support our vision to become the multidisciplinary provider we are today. In the UK we employ around 6,000 people in more than 150 sites, from offshore oil platforms to nuclear and coal energy sites.
We're a people-based business, and our success is based on delivering excellence. That means our values are important in helping shape the people we bring into our organisation. They are:
* Integrity | Commitment to Deliver | Relentless Pursuit of Excellence | Commitment to our People | One High Performing Team
Using these values, we strive to be excellent every day in everything we do