Due to our continued business growth, we currently have exciting opportunities for Operational Procurement Assistants to join our Procurement team at our head office in Goldthorpe. This is an exciting time to be joining our business, where you will be responsible for providing effective and efficient procurement that delivers best value for money to the business and our clients
About the Role:
This role is accountable to the Operational Procurement Team Leader and performs purchasing duties in line with the departmental & business objectives to ensure an effective and efficient procurement service. The primary role is managing the administration of orders and deliveries in supporting the operational delivery of all contracts.
* Process orders accurately and in line with all category management instructions and ensure compliance to the CMS procedures whilst communicating and providing governance to the business.
* Develop a clear understanding of the business needs associated with allocated categories of expenditure.
* To support the Operational Procurement Team Leader in the delivery of the procurement service to stakeholders by assisting with sourcing, market research, negotiation, review and implementation of agreements or new processes.
* Develop an excellent understanding of the environment within which allocated categories of supply operate and the risks and opportunities presented by the dynamics of those environments.
* Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with company safety rules, health and safety legislation and environmental standards and that operating procedures reflect current legislation.
* Develop close working relationships with other key functions in the company.
* Maintain and improve on product knowledge, supplier information and market knowledge in relation to clients and business unit work streams.
* To actively and positively support and contribute to improvements and developments of the Procurement and Supply Chain functions in delivering best value for money to the business.
* All procurement staff must consider sustainability and CSR in their day to day activities. To achieve this it is the responsibility of the procurement team to ensure that the supply chain assists Cape in minimising its impact.
* Maintain excellent relationships both internally and externally with regular site and supplier visits. Travel is required in this role so flexibility is required.
* Deputise seamlessly for the Operational Procurement Team Leader as required.
* 3-5 years' experience in Credit Control management essential
* Operating in a high value / blue chip customer environment essential
* Supervising teams of 4+ with varying levels of experience essential
* Strong ERP systems experience and SAP experience essential
* Reviewing operational or financial processes in a complex business environment and identifying and implementing process improvement measures
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong IT skills - particularly in Excel
* Collaborative, able to work with and through others as part of a team and to mentor colleagues
* Excellent customer service skills and approach to internal customer service
* Good knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Receivable function
* Trustworthy and self-motivated, a committed team player who can manage upwards and downwards
* Able to organise own workload and to re-prioritise at short notice to meet deadlines
With a competitive salary and benefits package, working for Cape offers variety and challenge, with opportunities for growth and development and a culture that makes working for us so rewarding.
Cape is a business undergoing a big change as we shape ourselves for the future. We're a global leader in critical industrial services. That means things like scaffolding, insulation and painting, along with a range of specialist services like oil and gas storage tank maintenance, rope access, heat exchanger refurbishment and replacement. We're also an environmentally conscious business that partners our customers on innovate ways to be environmentally sustainable.
Since 1893, we've grown quickly by acquiring businesses that support our vision to become the multidisciplinary provider we are today. In the UK we employ around 6,000 people in more than 150 sites, from offshore oil platforms to nuclear and coal energy sites.
We're a people-based business, and our success is based on delivering excellence. That means our values are important in helping shape the people we bring into our organisation. They are:
* Integrity | Commitment to Deliver | Relentless Pursuit of Excellence | Commitment to our People | One High Performing Team
Using these values, we strive to be excellent every day in everything we do