GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
An opportunity has arisen for an Office Administrator to join GKN's Aerospace division, based at our Filton site, Bristol. This role is part time with a maximum of 20 hours.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily management of office activities and support to Additive Manufacturing Programme Manager (AMPM) and the Additive Manufacturing Team as required.
- General secretarial and administrative work in support of the Additive Manufacturing team . Incorporating:
- Diary maintenance via outlook, customer/visitor facilitation, , Supporting the team in circulating information to relevant team members as required, organising meetings and workshops, facilitation of conference room booking, maintain filing systems, order of stationery, holiday management.
- Support with onsite guests and events.
- Maintaining the smooth running of the office at all times.
- Preparation for management meetings by collating data as necessary for the generation of and producing standard reports and presentations including reformatting documents as appropriate. Circulating documents in advance. Managing a check sheet to ensure that monthly tasks are accomplished
- Providing support to the AMPM in the maintenance of health and safety training records, organising necessary training and ensuring compliance with requirements
- Management of 01A/B, Filton Additive Manufacturing facilities as required including bookings of meeting and conference rooms, raising and tracking of facilities maintenance requests, acting as point of contact for all visitors and visiting contractors
- Organising travel and accommodation arrangements including booking of hotels, ferries, hire cars and flights for engineering personnel, allocation of costs for travel and subsistence against relevant Programme budgets.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills:
- High level of attention to detail is essential - Ability to operate with absolute confidentiality - Communication skills - diplomacy, influencing - Team working - Customer focus - Drive and commitment - Fully competent in Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel - Time Management skills - Must be articulate, confident and able to work well under pressure - Must be able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation - The ability to deal with very senior members of staff - Co-operate willingly, adopt an open-mind at all times and flexible attitude - Ability to work with and deal with people at all levels within and outside the business
Personal Attributes & Values:
- Develops an accurate picture of self by reflecting on interactions and seeking feedback. - Manages emotions appropriately. - Takes a positive, proactive approach. - Learns from mistakes and sees them as opportunities to learn. - Takes personal responsibility for own actions. - Has the courage to face difficult conversations honestly. - Balances humility and self-confidence. - Does the right thing even when no one is watching. - Champions the Company