Quality, Health and Safety Technologist - Sunderland
Monday to Friday (Apply online only) (37hrs per week)
* 32 days holiday per annum (inclusive of the bank holidays) * Additional holiday 1 day at 5 year service intervals * Annual wage review * Discretionary annual Bonus scheme * Company Pension is 5% employer contribution, as long as the employee puts in 1% * Life insurance which is 2 times the employee salary * Parking, tea and coffee
Our client is a leading manufacturer of plastic food packaging based in Sunderland. They boast impressive staff retention but due to expansion and development are looking to recruit another member to their team.
The purpose of the role is to support the QHSE Manager in maintaining the company's health and safety management systems. The successful candidate will work within a small Quality Department and will take the lead on Health and Safety within the organisation. It is expected that the postholder will spend the equivalent of 1 day on H&S and the rest will be spent dealing with quality issues such as compliance and customer returns.
Duties will include:
* Minimising occupational accidents and illnesses and ensuring a safe working environment
* Conducting risk assessments * Organise H&S meetings * Record accidents and near misses * Maintain stock of PPE
* Improving quality performance
* Liaison with supplier, customer and site auditors * Check and record details of customer returns * Conduct checks throughout all stages of production * Raise root cause investigation for complaints and non-compliance issues
* Ensuring products are safe, hygienic and produced to a high standard
* Monitor and maintain the site hygiene and housekeeping program
The Successful Candidate
This is an opportunity for somebody who is starting out in Health and Safety to develop their skills and experience and make a real impact within the company.
* NEBOSH general certificate * Internal Auditor training * Experience of Health and Safety within a manufacturing plant * HACCPS / Food Safety