Victoria Square, Birmingham, West Midlands B1 1BT, UK
EMC Military Technical Project Manager
Our client is a world leader in the automotive test arena. The combination of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) engineering experts and an extensive range of state-of-the-art test facilities, make this company a true pioneer and exciting place to work and develop a career.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of EMC technical delivery and development tasks. These will include the generation and implementation of technical procedures/documentation for current & future customers, testing and reporting for defence vehicle & component programmes in accordance with UK / Worldwide legislation, additionally providing problem resolution support across the component and vehicle teams within EMC.
Essential experience for this role would include:
- Relevant Engineering background - Practical 'hands-on' engineering - Computer literate - Ability to work with (and produce) detailed technical documentation including interpretation of requirements and product specifics as deliverables
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- Defence or Automotive electrical / electronic background - Minimum of 5 years EMC/RF test experience with a bias towards defence applications - Understanding of test facility configuration - Understanding of vehicular electrical powertrains - Understanding of RF Problem Resolution techniques at Component / Sub-system / Vehicle levels
Essential skills for this role would include:
- RF / EM testing skills - Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
Essential qualifications for this role would include:
- HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent time served experience
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related subject and equivalent time served experience
- Full UK driving license pre-requisite - Security clearance will be required - Relevant training on essential test aspects (not already gained by the candidate) and associated safety measures required shall be provided - Flexible working may be required - Manual handling will be a key aspect of the job role, i.e. movement of large apparatus