* Reporting the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. * Part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers responsible for the production design deliverables for water, wastewater and biosolids treatment plants. * Responsible for assisting in all aspects of mechanical design from site surveys of existing assets, optioneering, feasibility studies, detailed design and tender pricing. * Under close supervision of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer assisting with the production of procurement specifications for mechanical equipment; hydraulic calculations and production of detailed design construction drawings. * Reviewing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams. Liaising with clients and subcontractors.
Health and Safety -
* The active promotion of the company safety culture through example and management of people. * That safety takes precedence in any conflict with time, cost or quality.
* That those associated with the business understand and deliver company expectations. * That client and company requirements are effectively communicated to all personnel.
* That all operations are carried out in accordance with the company management system, policy objectives and statutory and contractual requirements. * The implementation of the company management systems for health, safety, the environment and quality in conjunction with the Systems Department.
* That all work is completed to the Client's satisfaction, within budget. * Establishing and maintaining working relationships and effective communication with clients.
* Responsible for the production of project specific design deliverables * Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.) * Communication with client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification. * Undertaking design calculations including hydraulics and pumping systems. * Overseeing the preparation of CAD drawings in accordance with the Drawing Manual. * Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals. * Responsible for preparing detailed mechanical specifications.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application