France Furlong, Great Linford, Great Linford, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK14 5EH, UK
My client, a well established commercial vehicle maintainer with depots across the UK is actively seeking to employ an HGV Driver / Yard Person for their depot in the Milton Keynes area.
1. Main Purpose of Job
• To deliver an efficient and safe vehicle service function at the Depot, supporting both the Workshop as required and directed
2. Position in Organisation
• Reports to Depot Manager or Customer Service Manager depending on location
3. Key Tasks
• Adhere to all Company Health and Safety and Security Policies at all times • Take immediate action and bring to the notice of a member of the management team any incident likely to cause a breach of Health and Safety or Environmental policy or regulations • Ensure Company Vehicle Service policies and procedures are actively followed and maintained at all times
• Preparation of rental vehicles by cleaning and valeting • Refuelling of vehicles and the checking of Ad blue levels • Preparing vehicle related documentation • Carry out Vehicle Service 'Ten Point Check • Carry out pre-MOT test washing of vehicles • Provide support to the Customer Service Team in managing vehicle damage Maintain Internal and External Areas of depot • Marshalling of the yard area traffic and parking • Cleanliness of the yard area • Maintain equipment and stocks of required consumables • As directed, perform tasks in the general upkeep and cleanliness of the Premises Collection and Delivery Driving Duties • Perform vehicle-driving duties including collection and delivery and taking vehicles for MOT tests • As directed, assist in the collection of required parts for the location • As required, collect and deliver vehicles for customers Customer • Develop and maintain high levels of customer service by being courteous and providing a first class service to customers and drivers when visiting the location • Ensure that all vehicles are turned around in a quick and efficient manner • Understand the functions completed on the Customer Service Desk to ensure flexibility in providing effective customer service and location support • Ensure any vehicle defects are brought to the attention of the driver and referred to the Service Department for investigation Communication • As part of the location Customer Service Team develop and maintain relationships with the Customer Service Team ensuring an excellent customer experience • Ensure effective internal communication with the Customer Service Desk and Service Department • Maintain effective, high quality communication with external and internal customers and vendors • Identify and bring to management attention any communication issues
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy • Class I Commercial Vehicle Driving Licence
• Practical experience in a customer focused and engineering environment would be beneficial
The successful applicant will work a 45 hour working week and will earn a basic hourly rate of £10.02 per hour.
Overtime is available and will be paid at an increased rate.
To apply for this exciting role with one of the area's leading employers, send your CV via this advert or call Gary on (Apply online only) for more information